07 Mar A Guide To Reach Your Target Audience Using Intent Data
B2B enterprises must find new ways to reach potential prospects to compete globally. How can intent data help you to reach your targeted audience?
In today’s digital age, each business, regardless of its size, is competing for the attention of its target audience across the globe. Your business must use data-driven marketing techniques to succeed and reach potential customers effectively. One such technique that has gained popularity in recent years is intent data.
According to Salesintel, across the globe, around 63% of B2B companies use intent data to create compelling buyer persona in 2021. At the same time, another 35% of companies plan to use it within a year.
Moreover, according to Statista report 2020, 70% of surveyed B2B tech vendors use intent data to identify potential customers for prospecting. Furthermore, 53% use it to support sales enablement and 52% for targeting high-intent accounts.
This means various organizations’ surveys highlight the importance of intent data in the B2B industry. In this blog, we will discover intent data and how it can be used to reach your target audience.
What is Intent Data?
Intent data denotes that individuals and organizations express their intentions and interests in a particular product or service the business offers. It’s a collection of data that shows what someone is actively searching for or what topics they are ready to engage with.
There are various channels in the market where marketers can obtain valuable data, such as search engines, social media, and other online platforms. Intent data is robust because it can help businesses to understand their target audience’s interests and needs in real-time.
Two major types of intent data are available in the B2B market. First-party intent data gives marketers an idea about potential prospects willing to buy a company’s products or services. The second party is considered the raw one, and the third-party intent data provides insights into a filtered client list of those ready to buy your products or services.
By analyzing intent data, Businesses can personalize their marketing campaigns and sales efforts and reach their targeted audience at the right moment, when they are most likely to make a buying decision.
How to Reach Your Target Audience Using Intent Data?
1) Analyze Your Audience: Your business needs to understand your target audience better to reach your target audience effectively. Analyzing your audience helps you identify their pain points, needs, and interests. Use the data you gather to create a buyer persona and tailor your marketing campaigns accordingly.
2) Track Buyer Journey: Intent data can help you track the buyer’s journey from awareness to consideration and purchase. By monitoring your buyers’ journey, you can identify the types of content that are most effective at each stage of the journey and create content that engages your audience.
3) Personalize Marketing Campaigns: Intent data can help you personalize your marketing campaigns by tailoring them to the interests and needs of your target audience. Intent data enables your business to send targeted messages to the right people at the right time, increasing conversion possibilities.
4) Get New Leads: Intent data can help you identify new leads through social media and other platforms by creating content on trending topics and keywords to engage more people. By identifying new prospects, you can expand your audience and reach more interested in your products or services.
5) Optimize Your Sales Funnel: Optimizing intent data is essential for tracking sales efforts. Similarly, it gives insights for your sales team to make a plan to engage new prospects and resonate with potential customers. Optimized information can help your sales team close deals faster and more effectively.
Benefits of Intent-Data
- Marketers can use intent data to connect multiple aspects of a user’s online activity.
- It helps better understand the buyers’ intentions, topic searches, and purchases.
- Traditional profile and behavioral data forms can provide you with a different level of insight than this data category.
- Intent data is an attempt to link the topics a user searches and engages with to the context of their problem.
- Marketers can gather data from Off-site publishers, search engines, and on-site activities.
- Marketers can identify potential customers by finding the problems or needs of the targeted audience.
Why Intent Data Really Matters for Marketers
One of the most significant advantages of intent data is the ability to relate data with marketing programs. It gives marketers prominent insights into online customers’ thought processes.
Higher Efficient Prospecting
Your sales team can tell which internet searchers are just looking for information and which genuinely want to discover a solution. We often observe that sales reps waste fewer calls to identify qualified leads, but intent data help more accurately than traditional lead-scoring models can.
Advanced Lead Prioritization
Using first-party intent data, leads can be categorized into multiple levels based on their potential fit for specific products and services. B2B marketers and sales professionals may more quickly discern between low-potential leads and prospective clients by leveraging intent data in this way.
Ideal Predictive Functioning
In contrast to manual lead, how can intent help you reach your audience? By scoring their intent data, you can better forecast a prospect’s next steps in the buying process. You can align your content marketing tactics and on-site experiences with predictive power.
Intent data is a powerful tool businesses can use to reach their target audience effectively. By analyzing intent data, you can create targeted marketing campaigns and sales efforts that resonate with your audience and increase the likelihood of conversion. It’s important to remember that intent data is just one part of a larger data-driven marketing strategy. It should be used with other data sources to view your target audience comprehensively.
B2B marketers are on the verge of solving a long-standing marketing problem by incorporating intent data into their technology stacks. Vereigen Media offers VM intent solutions to reach the right client at the right time with the right message. VM Intent data makes your sales team’s job much easier. Reach out to us today!